The Friendship Museum, established in 1964, is a museum of local history preserving the artifacts and documents of a traditional seafaring community.
The small brick one-room school house of the original museum, measuring only 20 by 25 feet, served as a grammar school from 1851-1923. The museum is a typical mid-19th century one-room schoolhouse, measuring 20x25ft. The museum is home to many interesting artifacts, including household items of daily life in bygone years, models of ships, and draft plans for Friendship sloops.
Usually open daily except Mondays on summer afternoons; weekends from Labor Day till mid-October. Due to the Coronavirus crisis, unfortunately there will not be any drop-in open tour hours for 2020. If you wish to arrange a tour for up to four people, masks required, please email email@example.com. Free admission, with donations accepted.
The Friendship Museum, Inc., is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
The Museum Annex is located at 26 Main Street, in the center of Friendship. The Annex is still under renovation and closed to the public.